The real last chance
The International 2022: Last Chance Qualifiers is right around the corner and the penultimate hurdle where two out of twelve teams will qualify for The International 2022.
The International 2022: Last Chance Qualifiers will begin October 8 and end October 12, 2022, where the 2nd and 3rd placed teams from each Regional Qualifiers will compete against each other to grab the final two spots for TI11.
What is the format of The International 2022: Last Chance Qualifiers?
The Last Chance Qualifiers (LCQ) will be held in two stages: Group Stage and Playoffs.
- Group Stage – October 8th – October 9th, 2022
- Two groups of six teams
- Single round-robin
- All matches are best-of-two
- Top four teams in each group advance to the upper bracket of the playoffs
- The remaining teams in each group proceed to the lower bracket of the playoffs
- Playoffs – October 10th – October 12th, 2022
- Double-elimination bracket
- All matches are best-of-three
- Two teams qualify for The International 2022
Participating teams in the LCQ
The Last Chance Qualifiers will have twelve teams — two teams each from six regions. They are:
- China: Vici Gaming, Xtreme Gaming
- Southeast Asia: T1, Polaris Esports
- West Europe: Team Secret, Team Liquid
- East Europe: Outsiders (Virtus Pro), NAVI
- North America: Nouns, Wildcard Gaming
- South America: Infamous, Tempest
The schedule for the LCQ can be seen below:
As you can see in the image above, a total number of 16 best-of-two series will be held on October 8, 2022, whereas a total of 14 best-of-two series will be held on October 9, 2022.
That’s a whopping 30 series in two days!
The playoffs bracket will be determined according to the standings by the end of day two.
Are you excited?