Are you ready?
PGL Arlington Major is around the corner, with the Dota 2 community getting eager to watch their favourite teams in action.
The Dota 2 Major will be the last Valve-sanctioned event before teams begin preparations for The International 11 (TI11).
The Major will consist of teams across the globe vying to get their hands on the coveted winner’s trophy, prize money, DPC points and more.
Jaxon has compiled a detailed list of the event in one place to keep you all glued to the computer screens.
PGL Arlington Major begins on August 4, 2022, and will conclude with the grand finals on August 14, 2022.
The format for the PGL Arlington Major is as follows:
- Eighteen teams
- Four teams each from Western Europe and China
- Three teams each from Southeast Asia and Eastern Europe
- Two teams each from North America and South America
- Eighteen teams
- Group Stage – August 4th – August 8th, 2022
- Two groups of nine teams each
- Single round-robin
- All matches are Bo2
- Top four teams from each group advance to the upper bracket of the playoffs
- 5th and 6th place teams from each group advance to the lower bracket of the playoffs
- The remaining teams are eliminated
- Playoffs – August 9th – August 14th, 2022
- Double-elimination bracket
- All matches except Grand Final are Bo3
- Grand Final is Bo5
- Tundra Esports
- Team Liquid
- OG Esports
- Natus Vincere
- Team Spirit
- Royal Never Give Up
- Team Aster
- BOOM Esports
- Talon Esports
- Evil Geniuses
- Quincy Crew
- Thunder Awaken
Note: Xtreme Gaming were the 18th team qualified for the event but pulled out due to visa concerns.
Prize Pool and DPC Points
PGL Arlington Major boasts a massive prize pool of $500,000, with the top two teams chewing the majority of the bite.
The Dota 2 Major will award 4570 Pro Circuit points, distributed between the top eight teams. Securing enough DPC points will make teams eligible to qualify directly for TI11.
PGL Arlington Major will stream in five languages. The links are as follows:
Stay up-to-date with the PGL Arlington Major on Jaxon.