Riot Games has released its 2022 edition of the ever-popular Worlds Pick’em, and it packs a major punch: it goes beyond the usual group prediction and tournament winner selection.
The in-game Pick’Em rewards, and the temporary notoriety one gains from being in the running for a perfect bracket, are massive. But what is it, and how?
What has changed in 2022’s rendition of the contest?
Although players witnessed the arrival of the Crystal Ball predictions, Riot Games has dedicated an entire section of the Pick’Ems to them this year. Furthermore, they have expanded predictions to four categories: champions, players, teams, and in-game events.
Players have until Sep. 29 at 1:15 p.m. PT / 4:15 p.m. ET / 22:15 CET / 21:15 BST to lock their Crystal Ball predictions. As for the category’s scores, they will be tallied after Worlds 2022 ends at Nov. 6, 2022. For those in need of help, we have our own predictions to provide food for thought.
As for the old reliable pick predictions, they have extended to the play-in bracket stage. Players can start voting on each round on the following dates:
- Play-in bracket stage: starting Oct. 2 at 9pm PT / Oct. 3 at 12 a.m. ET / 06:00 CET / 05:00 BST
- Main event group stage: opens sometime in the future
- Main event playoffs: opens sometime in the future
What are the 2022 Pick’Em rewards this time around?
As both categories have separate leaderboards and rankings, players can net double the rewards if they play in both and
—are as good as they claim—are lucky.
The prizes are as follows:
Rewards for participating in 2022 Pick’Ems:
One Worlds 2022 in-game loot capsule when a player makes:
- 1 Crystal Ball pick
- 1 Play-ins knockout stage pick
- 1 Group Stage pick
- 1 Quarterfinals pick
Rewards for finishing in different “performance brackets” in either category:
- Top 70%: Worlds 2022 Capsule x1, category-specific emote
- Top 40%: Worlds 2022 Capsule x2, category-specific emote
- Top 20%: Worlds 2022 Capsule x3, category-specific emote
- Top 5%: Worlds 2022 Capsule x4, 50 event tokens, category-specific emote and:
- If they finish in the top 5000: Worlds 2022 Azir skin (and champion)
- If they score a perfect bracket: All Ultimate skins on top
The category-specific emotes are as follows, depending on where a player ranks:
- Crystal Ball ranking: Syndra’s “Serve” emote
- Traditional pick’em ranking: Kassadin’s “Excuse me?” emote
As for the Ultimate skins, they are:
- Pulsefire Ezreal
- Spirit Guard Udyr
- DJ Sona
- Elementalist Lux
- Gun Goddess Miss Fortune
- K/DA ALL OUT Seraphine
Yes, players can obtain both max rewards if they are next-level
Pick’Em FAQ for 2022
Worlds Pick’Em allows League of Legends esports fans to predict the outcome of the 2022 Worlds Play-in stage, group stage, and more. Since 2022, it has also expanded into a “Crystal Ball” mode, where players can predict specific things happening (e.g.: who will be the most picked champion at Worlds?)
Not everyone. Some areas of the world have their own offerings through Garena, Tencent, and other providers, whereas others are encountering difficulties.
As for the full list, it is as follows, straight from Riot Games’ announcement: Cuba; Iran; North Korea; the occupied territories in Crimea, Luhansk and Donetsk; Sudan; Venezuela; Syria; China; Quebec; Taiwan; Philippines; Hong Kong; Macau; Vietnam; Singapore; Thailand; Malaysia; Indonesia; and Myanmar.
You can participate in the Worlds Pick’ems if you have a League of Legends account and are not from the territories specified above. Simply log into the website on the Pick’em page, and enjoy! (And good luck)
1060 points in the Crystal Ball. Information about the Picks category is unavailable at this time, but we will update it over time.
The Crystal Ball and Picks categories have separate leaderboards.
- Which champion will be the most picked at Worlds? (50 points)
- Which champion will be the most banned? (50 points)
- Which champion will have the highest win rate? (50 points)
- Which champion will be played in the most different roles? (50 points)
- Which champion will die the most? (50 points)
- Which player at Worlds will have the highest KDA? (50 points)
- Which player will have the widest champion pool (played champions)? (50 points)
- Who will get at least one pentakill? (100 points)
- Who will score the most first-blood kills? (50 points)
- Who will get the most kills in a single game? (50 points)
- Which team will win Worlds? (100 points)
- Which team will place first in the play-in Group A? (30 points)
- Which team will place first in the play-in group B? (30 points)
- Which team from a region with 2 seeds or less will advance furthest through Worlds? (50 points)
- Which team will play the most different champions at Worlds? (50 points)
- How many Reverse Sweeps will there be at Worlds (out of 11 total Bo5s)? (50 points)
- How many Pentakills will there be at Worlds? (50 points)
- What will be the duration of the longest single game at Worlds? (50 points)
- How many Baron Steals will there be at Worlds? (50 points)
- Which Drake will be killed the most at Worlds? (50 points)
If you don’t know what to predict, you may have heard that “The Coin” can help. Its prediction may be random, but it has proven quite effective in 2021’s Group A prediction. However, you will not get the full points if The Coin predicts correctly.