It's already here
Riot Games are moving fast with the new champion releases: the abilities of the upcoming champion, Nilah, have already been revealed.
After her recent teasers, more information has landed about Nilah, the Joy Unbound.
The new bot laner looks like the AOE skirmisher that Riot has teased, and she’ll put Summoner’s Rift in danger when she swings her water whip at champions on the live servers.
Nilah’s abilities in League of Legends
The new ability reveal shows how powerful Nilah will be alongside her bot lane partner – sporting a shared XP passive increase and the ability to share heals or shields with a teammate.
Nilah will also shine in team fights, as her mobility and AOE could combine to make for some nasty combos.
Keep an eye on her Apotheosis (R), which could decide fights on its own.
Passive: Joy Unending
- Nilah amplifies healing and shielding abilities from nearby allies. If an ally heals or shields Nilah, they will gain a bonus heal or shield for themselves.
- If a nearby ally heals or shields themselves, Nilah will grant herself a bonus.
- When Nilah last hits a minion she and her nearest allied champion will get 50% of the experience that would have been lost due to sharing.
Q: Formless Blade
- Active: Nilah strikes her blade in a line, damaging all enemies hit. Hitting an enemy will increase her attack range and speed, and empower her basic attacks to deal additional damage and hit in a cone.
- Passive: Nilah’s attacks and ability damage against champions will ignore some armor and heal Nilah for a part of the damage. This effect scales with crit chance.
W: Jubilant Veil
- Nilah covers herself in a Jubilant Veil, gaining bonus movement speed and reduced damage from magic sources.
- Nilah also dodges all incoming basic attacks and can hide ally champions that touch the veil.
- Nilah dashes through a target unit and damages all enemies she passes through.
- Casting Formless Blade during Slipstream will pull a wave in Nilah’s path that deals damage and grants the Formless Blade’s enhanced effect.
- Nilah can store up to two charges at once.
- Nilah lashes her whip in an area around her that damage and pulls in enemies towards the center.
- Apotheosis heals Nilah for a part of the damage dealt and concerts excess healing into a shield. The healing effect scales with crit chance and is granted to nearby allies as well.
Nilah is set to go live on Patch 12.13, which is scheduled for July 13. Before that, she will be available for testing on the Public Beta Environment (PBE) for those who can’t wait that long to try her out.